Thursday, April 28, 2011

TSY METY ISP!

Tsy Mety = Not Okay

Unfortunately with the rapidly approaching deadline of my Independent Study Project (ISP), which is accompanied by a 40 page paper, I'm a little pressed for time to blog.

I'm currently living in Morondava which is on the west coast of Madagascar, a little bit south of Mahajunga (the town I was living in with my host family and Bruno). Morondava is beautiful in an entirely different way than Fort Dauphin and I really like it. It's completely flat, dry and beachy. It doesn't rain, which is quite the change from FD and there's palm trees and baobabs everywhere. It's kind of what I pictured Madagascar to be before coming here.

The town is ripe with distractions for ISP including an enormous stretch of empty beach right outside of my hotel, a bunch of good restaurants, ice cream that almost tastes like US ice cream, and of course my good friends from the program are living here as well, so my ISP isn't moving as quickly as I'd like it to be.

So, having said that, here's some pictures thrown on the blog and I'll update you when I get back to Tana, have fast internet, and am hopefully printing out the 40 pages of this miserable, miserable paper. This will be on Monday or Tuesday, so don't lose sleep over my brief disappearance.

I'll see you 40 pages, one botched time log, 20 hours on a Taxi Brousse, 3 days of tanning and a bunch of Dan Savage & How Stuff Works podcasts later.

Until then!

Pictures from the Avenue of the Baobabs that I took with C.
It was awesome. I loved loved loved it. It was probably one of my favorite things I've seen here.



Me, as a baobab tree
so0o0o study abroad
(I made C take this)

Being an upside down tree...



BABY GOATS

Baobabs at sunset

Just some cows
Photo by C

No comments:

Post a Comment