Saturday, April 23, 2011

TextsFromTheAirport

(032) just projectile vomited all over a bathroom in the airport…golly, some days I just love Madagascar

(267) WHY

(032) Oh… in this country it’s hard to say… malaria? parasite? food poisoning? And now I’m boarding a plane, awesome!

Then I boarded a plane and sat for 90 minutes with my head between my knees. Weirdly enough at the end of the flight, the only thing the man next to me said was “Tu lit le francais?” (You read in French?) Really? That’s ok.

(032) Did you make it through the plane ride without vomiting?
(032) …somehow, yes. But the taxi drive is highly questionable

The taxi drive was equally miserable but as I was walking up to Americanville, I felt hopeful that maybe the urge to vomit had passed. This was until 3 seconds before Betsy (my American hostess) was opening the door to let me in. Quite the way to say hello.

And then I was vomiting every 2 hours. It was special.

And then I was at an American housewarming party because I felt too guilty to say I was so sick I couldn’t keep down water…. So I socialized and secretly threw up water for four hours… I might be calling today a low point of Madagascar.

The food poisoning stopped somewhere in the middle of watching She’s the Man in the living room at 1 AM. I was grateful

Now I’m drinking Gatorade, watching Entourage and UP and pretending to be in a developed country while completely ignoring the reality of being in Madagascar.

Flying to Morondava tomorrow. EXCITED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment