Monday, February 21, 2011

One Last Thought

I just read this paragraph in my wonderfully fantastic book.


"I don’t keep a travel diary. I did keep a travel diary once and it was a big mistake. All I remember of that trip is what I bothered to write down. Everything else slipped away, as though my mind felt jilted by my reliance on pen and paper. For exactly the same reason I don’t travel with a camera. My holiday becomes the snapshots and anything I forget to record is lost." - Alex Garland 


It's making me wonder if it's true and if I'm spending too much time in my blog, or taking pictures or documenting everything. I'm really not sure...


That's all. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I personally think it's great that you are writing this much. I have lots of memories about Ireland, but I feel like I probably have forgotten at lot of the socio-cultural observations I made (especially after just arriving) because I didn't journal that much. Do as much blogging as you feel comfortable with, but keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete