Thursday, February 10, 2011

Maurice, the Hissing Cockroach

I have developed a new fear! Yay! It has pushed the thoughts of scary spiders out of my head, and I think I might actually prefer the hand-sized spiders to my new pest. In case you were still dwelling on the fear of the large spiders... you can check this picture out. This is outside of my window. 
My mom tells me spiders don't come inside..

 To start out, I've named my new cockroach friend/terrifying pet because that's what I enjoy doing to inanimate objects/animals/creatures/etc., so his name is Maurice. So far, he has escaped death twice, once narrowly and once while laughing at my feeble attempt. He's the quickest bug I've ever encountered; he enjoys crawling over my belongings and so far doesn't seem to have a fear of me... which is why I've decided he's scarier than spiders. I have also just run out of phone credit after a long text exchange with MKG, so if Maurice decides to strike I will be defenseless and most likely perish. I'm including a terrible picture of him. It's terrible because when I get too close he runs at me. AWESOME. I wish Laiz was here so he could kill it. Wah. This is pathetic.
Le grand cafford 
On the bright side I did have an awesome letter from home to cheer me up. Maybe I'll leave it under the couch for Maurice to read....


Life in Madagascar is.... challenging this week, but I'll get over it. I had a "Supreme Burrito" tonight. It was almost like Chipotle... but not quite. <3 Chipotle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment