Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chess with Laiz

Tonight I found myself playing Chess in Madagascar. This all started when Laiz asked me if I knew the game. For about 3 minutes I thought he was talking about royalty that used to rule Madagascar… and then I realized we were talking about Chess. Stunner French skills.
Things didn’t go so well for me in the beginning, as I forgot how to play. Oh, and this is Laiz!














                                                  

                                                


But then I made a glorious comeback! Laiz was shocked! Or mostly trying to avoid having his picture taken.

                                               
My king nobly went down in the end. But it’s OK. We’re playing again tomorrow.
And as if it wasn’t enough to lose to my 18-year old Malagasy host-bro, he then guiltily told me he had had a large beer before playing and was very tipsy.

Great, I stink at Chess.

No comments:

Post a Comment