Thursday, February 24, 2011

Doodle Mania

I can’t bring a camera into the city because of the high risk of theft… so instead here are some doodles that show what exactly I’m doing in class…
The first 3 pages of my notebook are comprised of these…





And then there are two sentences. These sentences are the titles of the lectures we sat through that day. Nothing more.
A couple of blank pages of later, we find more of the same.

                                                              
I really thought I was going to make note progress today with the start of this page. But then I ripped off the corner of the page, drew a bat and wrote “You’ve been bitten by the rabies bat. Pass it along.” By the end of the lecture, most of the students had been bitten. Oops, I’m the disruptive kid in third grade.

                                                          


To try to spin my TOTAL inability to focus here in a positive light, at least some of the drawings have relevance to language class.
I am a cat. I like fish.
                                                  
Unfortunately I was also caught drawing this in language class accompanied by a large explosion.
                                                             


I’m not including the explosion since my language teacher insultingly told me it looked like a tree…
“C’est un arbre!”
“Non, pas de tout! C’est une explosion!”
“Non… non. C’est un arbre…”
 This was after she made a neck wringing motion at me for asking another student if she would go “Grill the White People” in Malagasy. Hey… at least my grammar and verbs were correct.
One of these days I’ll slip back into academic mode, but it’s a nice change of pace being an absent minded doodler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment